Policy Statement for Reiki for Today by Marshall
Background and Training
I have been practicing Reiki since 2017. I trained with Lisa Powers, Reiki Master & Teacher, B.Ki, B. Ed. I received my Reiki Levels 1, 2 and Master in North Carolina and I am a Registered Reiki Practitioner and Teacher (RP/RMT) with the International Association of Reiki Professionals. I also practice Animal Reiki, Integrative-Wellness Coaching and I am a QDDP. I specialize in working with people and animals of all ages who wish to utilize Reiki for general wellness and stress reduction as well as for specific tension or pain problems.
Who Can Benefit
Reiki can be used for general wellness as well as for specific issues. Reiki works by assisting to reduce stress, which in turn may create an environment within your body where healing may more easily be facilitated. In my practice I have had great results with clients in working with problems related to excess tension build up and chronic pain. In addition to working with pain and tension problems, Reiki may be effective with people who suffer from chronic headaches, insomnia and problems of fatigue. These are the areas in which I feel I have competency.
Reiki is sometimes used as an adjunct to certain medical conditions on the recommendation of a physician or other health care provider, (e.g., high blood pressure, anxiety or stress).
The first session begins with a brief interview and client intake form. You are asked a series of questions so that I may plan the most beneficial session/series of sessions for your needs. Please keep in mind that privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times. I subscribe to the IARP Code of Ethics as posted below. A copy is also available for review in my treatment room. A Reiki session is performed on a massage table and you, the client, are always fully clothed.
A Reiki session may start with the client lying face up resting comfortably. I will complete the standard Reiki hand positions. If you indicate in the interview or at the beginning of the session that you wish for me to pay attention to a particular injury or issue, I will also concentrate on that area during the session. For a regular stress-reduction session, the head and torso are worked on first, followed by the back and sometimes the feet. Clients can ask for different parts of the body to be worked on, or not worked on, and are encouraged to discuss this with me at the beginning of the session.
During the session, clients are encouraged to relax and inform me if anything makes them uncomfortable, either physically or psychologically. Please feel free to talk with me regarding feedback during the session. I often will talk with you before or after, usually not during unless you have questions or want to converse. I want you to relax fully during the session. If something feels uncomfortable during the session however, please speak up immediately; I want to know as soon as possible.
- I reserve the right to refrain from working on a person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Sexual harassment is not tolerated. If the practitioner’s safety feels compromised, the session is stopped immediately.
- Each session is 30, 60 or 90 minutes long.
- The first appointment, which includes a history and an assessment, lasts approximately 15 minutes longer than scheduled time of the Reiki session.
- If a client is late for a treatment session, the session still falls within the 30, 60 or 90 minute allotted time slot.
- If I am late, the session lasts the full 30, 60 or 90 minutes or the treatment rate is discounted.
- If you wish to cancel an appointment, you must do so 24 hours in advance, or you are charged for the full amount of the session unless the appointment can be filled. If you get my voicemail, please leave a message, including the date and time of the call. Emergency cancellations aren’t charged for at the practitioner’s discretion. If I need to cancel an appointment, I do so within 24 hours whenever possible. If I can’t do so, your next session is at no charge.
- All of the appointments with people occur at 70 Woodfin Pl. 301-B Asheville, NC unless otherwise noted. If the appointment is for Animal Reiki, treatment occurs at the home of the animal.
- I don’t do Reiki sessions with people via house calls (unless otherwise arranged).
- I see clients by appointment only.
- I return calls within 24 hours unless I’m out of town.
- If during my assessment, I determine with reasonable certainty that my work won’t help you, we end the session at that time and you aren’t charged for the initial appointment.
- Reiki sessions are $65.00 for an hour and $35.00 for a half hour.
- If you would like a 90 minute session, the charge is $90.00.
- Payment is due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made prior to treatment. I accept cash, checks and credit cards. I do not bill clients nor provide direct billing for insurance.
- Individuals who have financial constraints are welcome to discuss this with me to see what can be worked out, such as a sliding fee scale, referral to a practitioner with a fee you can afford, or referral to a monthly student clinic.
- Our profession ascribes to a code of ethical behavior, which is available upon request and posted in my treatment room. I follow all of the statements in this ethical code and have strong beliefs that practitioners and their clients shouldn’t engage in intimate social relationships.
- Personal and professional boundaries are respected at all times.
- I perform services for which I’m qualified (professionally, physically and emotionally) and able to do, and refer to appropriate specialists when work is not within my scope of practice or not in the client’s best interest.
- I customize my treatment to meet the client’s needs.
- I keep accurate records and review changes before each session.
- I respect all clients regardless of their age, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, body type, political affiliation, state of health, and personal habits.
- If you are dissatisfied with your Reiki session, you receive a full refund for that session or a complimentary treatment.
Below, you'll find the Code of Ethics I abide by as a Reiki Master, Practitioner and Teacher, designated by the International Association of Reiki Professionals®. (I sometimes refer to it as my Prime Directive. :-) )